Bachelor of Arts and Sciences 2017, Quest University Canada, Squamish, BC
Thesis: Theory and Applications of Quantum Computing (awarded distinction by faculty for excellence)
Libraries/Tools: Git, Cython, Numpy, Pandas, LATEX, Matplotlib, D3.js
Algorithms Researcher, Summer 2017 - Current
D-Wave Systems, Burnaby, BC
- Developed high performance GPU-based heuristic optimization solvers, especially MCMC algorithms
- Conducted hybrid quantum-classical algorithm research utilizing D-Wave’s quantum computers
- Maintained and contributed to open-source projects for optimizing solvers
Algorithms Research Intern, Summer 2016
D-Wave Systems, Burnaby, BC
- Constructed graph embeddings to run on D-Wave’s quantum annealer
- Thoroughly tested the different embeddings on D-Wave’s machines
- Analyzed and represented results using Matplotlib/Seaborn
Peer Tutor, 2014 - 2016
Quest Peer Tutors, Quest University Canada
- Peer Tutors provide free tutoring for the students at Quest
- Met students one-on-one and in small groups for basic math tutoring
- Provided focused tutoring for math and computer science classes
King, A. D., Raymond, J., Lanting, T., Isakov, S. V., Mohseni, M., Poulin-Lamarre, G., Ejtemaee, S., Bernoudy, W., Ozfidan, I., Smirnov, A. Y., Reis, M., Altomare, F., Babcock, M., Baron, C., Berkley, A. J., Boothby, K., Bunyk, P. I., Christiani, H., Enderud, C., … Amin, M. H. (2019). Scaling advantage in quantum simulation of geometrically frustrated magnets. https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.03446
King, J., Mohseni, M., Bernoudy, W., Fréchette, A., Sadeghi, H., Isakov, S. V., Neven, H., & Amin, M. H. (2019). Quantum-assisted genetic algorithm. https://arxiv.org/abs/1907.00707
King, A. D., Bernoudy, W., King, J., Berkley, A. J., & Lanting, T. (2018). Emulating the coherent Ising machine with a mean-field algorithm. http://arxiv.org/abs/1806.08422
McGeoch, C. C., Bernoudy, W., & King, J. (2018). Comment on “Scaling advantages of all-to-all connectivity in physical annealers: the Coherent Ising Machine vs D-Wave 2000Q”. http://arxiv.org/abs/1807.00089
Hoshino, R., Slobodin, A., & Bernoudy, W. (2018). An Automated Employee Timetabling System for Small Businesses. In S. A. McIlraith & K. Q. Weinberger (Eds.), Proceedings of the Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, February 2-7, 2018. AAAI Press. Recieved the Deployed Applications Award. https://www.aaai.org/ocs/index.php/AAAI/AAAI18/paper/view/16197
- dwave-neal - An efficient CPU-based implementation of simulated annealing.
- quetzal — A gate-based quantum computer simulator written in Racket that allows for writing and testing of quantum algorithms.
- qassoc.rkt — Also based on
quetzal, this implements quantum associative memory with a superposition-slicing algorithm to store patterns and a modified Grover’s algorithm to retrieve them.
- ot.py — RSA-based t-out-of-n oblivious transfer in Python.
- pygarble — Secure two-party computation using Yao’s garbled circuits in Python.
I studied Mandarin at Quest and in Taiwan and am an intermediate speaker.